Posts Tagged time
- Once upon a time leadership mattered, now dealership rules the world.
- Once upon a time quality was craftsman’s pride, now it is a departmental mess.
- Once upon a time mouse was an untouchable mammal, now it is handheld pest. Once upon a time wisdom was cultivated by wise people, now it is flashed on T-shirts.
- Once upon a time teacher taught and students learned, now teacher trade and students consume.
- Once upon a time population was a problem, now it is a flourishing mass market.
- Once upon a time competition brought out the best, now it brings out the worst in people.
- Once upon a time there was a golden rule, now if you have gold, you rule.
- Once upon a time truth telling was good for your soul, now it is bad for promotion.
- Once upon a time success meant living by ideals, now it is about using above all principles.
- Once upon a time beauty was in the eye of the beholder, now it is booming business.
- Once upon a time the government was clean and s** was dirty, now one doesn’t know.
This is what happens when you have too much time in your hands and NOTHING to do. You go crazy!
Man breaks record by sitting in 39,250 seats
PASADENA, Calif. – Jim Purol took a seat at the Rose Bowl, and then another, and then another, until he broke a world record. The Anaheim man set a Guiness World Record on Wednesday for “Most Seats Sat in 48 Hours” by sitting in 39,250 seats. He began the task Monday morning, and he’s still going, hoping to rest his tush in each of the stadium’s 92,542 seats by sometime this week.
The 56-year-old, who already holds several other world records, says he has dreamed of tackling the Rose Bowl seats for 20 years — ever since he sat in all 107,501 chairs at the University of Michigan’s football stadium. The feat has taken a toll on his body and his cleanliness, as soot on the seats rubbed off on his clothes. He says he loves the Rose Bowl but calls the place “filthy.”
[ Source: Man breaks record by sitting in 39,250 seats ]