This is my first post in WordPress. I just moved over from Google's Blogspot. I am usually a loyal Google follower and have always believed that they come out with some of the best innovations in the industry. The reasons for moving to wordpress was multifold ;).
- The themes available in wordpress are way better than the ones in blogspot.
- Support for Tags. (Ruling reason!)
- Integration with services like Flickr, Delicious etc.
- The wordpress blog doesnt have that damn blue/silver bar on top which the blogger loads with. In wordpress that appears only when I am logged in and thats reasonable.
- The widgets on the sidebar are cool in wordpress (Calendar etc.)
- WordPress allows you to add more pages to the blog other than your blog posts.
- And of course wordpress supports smilies (I consider this very important.)
- The post password protection feature.
- And…. I dont have to republish everytime I post something or edit something.
Things that I didnt like about in wordpress but hope would get better over time –
- The post screen has a lot of handicaps (Lots means LOTS).
- There are a lot of reaaaallllly good addins available on the net but they cannot be installed on the one hosted by wordpress themselves.
I have imported all my Blogspot posts to wordpress and for some more time I will run both Blogspot and WordPress together and once I am sure wordpress is the best alternative I will be blogging here from here alone. 🙂
Anyway, I have only a handful of readers who visit my blog regularly and I am sure they wouldn't have a problem with this change :D.