Looks like Dubai is bent on being the next most marvelous country in the history of mankind since rome.. or is it babylone? or whatever? Anyway…. I just wish they had a better approach to expats. Other than that Dubai kind of fits into my picture of a paradise! 😉
Now, here are some specs about the bridge –
- It’s one mile long and 670 feet tall.
- It will have 12 lanes for traffic.
- It will cost 817 million dollars.
- The design has Sheikh Mohammed’s official stamp of approval.
- The bridge will carry more than 2,000 vehicles per hour in each direction.
- A metro line will run across the middle.
- Construction begins in March, with a slated completion date of 2012.
[ Source: Here ]