Posts Tagged engineering
Very interesting concept and prototype.
Looks like Dubai is bent on being the next most marvelous country in the history of mankind since rome.. or is it babylone? or whatever? Anyway…. I just wish they had a better approach to expats. Other than that Dubai kind of fits into my picture of a paradise! 😉
Now, here are some specs about the bridge –
- It’s one mile long and 670 feet tall.
- It will have 12 lanes for traffic.
- It will cost 817 million dollars.
- The design has Sheikh Mohammed’s official stamp of approval.
- The bridge will carry more than 2,000 vehicles per hour in each direction.
- A metro line will run across the middle.
- Construction begins in March, with a slated completion date of 2012.
[ Source: Here ]